Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rays of Sunshine

According to FOX news the other morning this is the second warmest winter on record. And I'm loving it! There has hardly been but a few days were it stays below freezing. And snow has been almost nil. We've had a lot of sunny days, we've broken record highs. And the best part? I haven't been terrified to drive to work this year like so many many many years in the past. I know this is unusual and next year we very may well have a real winter again but right now I'm grateful for this mild winter.

But on the other hand that's not to say that I'm ready for this winter to be over! It's February 18th and I'm ready to start spending more time outside. I'm ready to go kayaking, ready to go camping, ready to see green trees, ready to get on the back of that bike. And I am sooooo ready to have some time off work. I just put in all my vacation requests for the spring/summer/fall. I have a total of 20 days off between April and September!!!! Bring it on.

Only about 4 to 6 weeks and we will get the trailer out of storage.

No comments: