Thursday, February 23, 2012

A post about nothing much and a Friday Find

First off, I have to tell you about my new iphone. Apple should hire me to be a spokesperson because I am in love with my iphone. And for two reasons.... the new and improved wonderful camera and Siri. Every single photo in this post (with the exception of the last photo) was taken with my iphone. I cannot believe the clarity and quality of the photos that this phone takes. Love, love love the camera. And Siri makes me just as happy as the camera. I can send emails, txts, make calls, surf the web, put appointments in my calendar,send reminders just by speaking. I sent emails today while driving and never touched the phone. What will they come up with next?
What's the best part of my job? My patients. They teach me so much day after day. I wish I could share stories with you but for patient confidentiality I can't risk it. I can be having the worst day ever and like a gift from God, a patient will say something or do something that touches me in ways that I cannot explain. These beautiful daffodils were from a patients family this week. I smile every time I look at them.
We had 5 huge (and I mean HUGE!) pine trees cut down in the northwest side of the house. We hated to do it. We've had a love hate relationship with these trees. Love the way they look but hate the mess they make. The gutters were always full of pine needles, the grass won't grow on that side of the yard, sap constantly fell on the cars..... you get the picture. The nature lover in me makes me somewhat of a tree hugger so it was a difficult decision to make and one we've been throwing around for a few years. A guy that has done tree work for us in the past was desperate for work, being that it is winter, and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. So goodbye pine trees. He even ground the stumps for us. We now have our work cut out for us landscaping that area come spring.
We drove to Big Rapids last weekend to visit Jordan and go to her band concert. It was great as always. Big Rapids has a cool pet store. Lots of turtles, snakes, lizards, birds, and fish. Made me want a fish tank.
Big Rapids had big bulldogs all around town (ferris' mascot).
Nate joined us for lunch.
And here is my "Friday Find" this week. The photo does not do it justice. Being this is glass it was tricky trying to get a photo with a flash. It's clear beveled glass with an etching of an owl in the center. I have it hanging in one of the kitchen windows. For anyone local reading my blog, there are 2 new thrift stores in downtown Benton Harbor, right on main street. One is named "Mosaic" the other is "6 Degrees". Both are awesome thrift stores. Full of great quality stuff and great prices too. I picked up this weeks Friday Find at Mosaic for $4!

Happy Thrifting!

No comments: