Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is it really February 5th?

I'm loving this winter. One day last week it hit 60 degrees. Today it was 50. I spent hours outside today with nothing more than a sweatshirt on. The sun was shinning beautiful. The dogs were loving it too. Craig built a fire in the backyard and I wondered around picking up branches and tidying the yard, playing with the dogs, filling the bird feeders, all the while snapping photos.
My precious pugs.
"Mommy, aren't you going to come back inside the fence?"
The squirrels were more excited that I filled the bird feeders than the birds were.


I love the lighting in this photo.
And this one too.
Seadra got to go for a ride on the lawnmower.
I took this photo from across the yard. I had my telephoto lens on and Craig and Caleb were oblivious that I was shooting them. So what is so special about this photo? You had to be there and you have to know these two to understand. They are inseparable and listening to them talk to each other and care about each other makes my heart smile. If Craig doesn't get to hang with his boy every few days I know I will hear him say "I miss my boy!". And likewise, the admiration and respect that Caleb has for his Dad is something I cannot put into words.

Today was a good day....

No comments: