Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Finds

Jewelry! One of my favorite things to find at thrift stores. This 3 piece set (necklace, bracelet and earrings) I just fell in love with. And for $5 I couldn't pass it up. It's heavy and well made. Look close and you will see that each piece is a lily pad and look even closer you can see a few frogs on some of the lily pads. Too cute!
See the frog?
And WHAT? might you ask is this? Well, you never know what you are going to find at a thrift store and I couldn't believe it when I came across her. She is exactly what I hoped to find but never really thought I would. But there she was and I snatched her up real fast.
She is a terra cotta head planter. She happens to be Medusa (her hair is snakes). I didn't buy her because she was Medusa but because it was a head and a planter. You see, February has me anxious for spring and gardening. And this year in particular I am wanting to do more container gardening. So the other day I was messing around on Pintrest and I came across this website that does succulent plants in heads that makes it look like the plants are their hair. Sounds crazy and it's hard for me to explain but click on this link here and you will see what I'm talking about. I can't wait to plant my terra cotta head and make something beautiful. I paid $10 for her which is more than I usually spend on things at thrift stores but when was I ever going to come across another terra cotta head planter. I love her!

Happy Thrifting.....

No comments: