Sunday, January 8, 2012

It was worth a try

Yesterday I was complaining to Craig that I was already bored with winter and anxious to do some of the things I'm missing. Like kayaking, camping and riding the motorcycle. And it's only the beginning of January! So after church today Craig surprised me when he said "Lets drive out to the cottage and go kayaking".... REALLY???? I could hardly get bundled up and my boots on fast enough. We've been having such mild weather that neither of us was expecting to find ice on the lake but that's exactly what we found.
We decided to give it a try anyway. Maybe the kayaks would break right through the ice and it wouldn't be too bad.


It was much more of a challenge than we thought it would be.
We didn't get much more than 100 yards from the shore and that was with Craig ramming the ice, backing up and doing it over and over.
It was still fun and it was a beautiful day to get outside with my camera.
The ice was like glass. Not a bubble in it and crystal clear.
Well, goodbye kayaks, we will see you again in the spring.

No comments: