Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year my friends and family. Craig, Jordan and I (Caleb was working) rang in the new year with a quiet evening at home. Just the way I like it. I'm not a pop the cork on the champagne bottle while blowing noise makers and singing Auld Lang Syne type of girl. And after the hustle and bustle of Christmas a quiet evening at home with the ones I love was much welcomed.

Our weather for all of December was extremely mild. So much so that Caleb and Craig have been able to ride the bikes occasionally. They even went for a ride Christmas Day evening. The other night Caleb was out riding and a cop followed him into the driveway. He asked for Caleb's license and registration explaining that when they see motorcycles out this time of year they are usually stolen. We got a good laugh out of that one. I guess it's good that they are checking.

In the last 48 hours the weather has taken a turn to more winter like conditions. We've had winter storm warnings and finally some significant snow. It's forecasted to be in the 40's by the weekend so it won't be sticking around. Craig is bummed that he hasn't been able to do any trail grooming for the club yet this year. Hopefully January will bring us some more snow.

I am in the last day of a 4 day weekend. I took an extra vacation day over the long holiday weekend. It's been awesome! Friday night was dinner and a movie then hanging out at home ringing in the New Year. Saturday I spent the day thrifting (one of my favorite things to do!). The last Saturday of each month is 50% off day at all Southwest Mi Goodwill stores... that day is marked on my calendar each month. Came home with some great finds. The rest of my days off have just been spent doing whatever I wanted. I got all the Christmas decorations put away. I feel organized and ready to go back to work tomorrow. Wish I had a 4 day weekend every weekend.

Here's to 2012.... Hope it's all your dreaming of.

No comments: