Sunday, January 22, 2012

From one extreme to the next

This weekend is exactly how I like it. Saturday started out by hitting the road at 9:00 AM and not getting home until 11:00PM. We made a day of it! Jordan was home for the weekend so she joined Craig and I for a day at the Field Museum in Chicago. It's been a few years since our last visit and the cold winter weather has had me yearning to take a day trip somewhere... so Field Museum it was.
I think I love the history of the museum and the building as much I do the exhibits. What an amazing beautiful place. We saw a group that was on an architectural tour of the museum. Next time I want to do that.

I was able to play with my photography while we were there. That always makes me happy. It was my goal not to use an flash and experiment with the settings on my camera. The light is very dim in the museum so this was quite a challenge. I was very pleased with my results.

On the way home we stopped at LongHorn Steakhouse and stuffed ourselves with the best steaks and desserts on the menu. The Steakhouse was right next door to one of our favorite places... "Bass Pro Shop". Anyone who loves the outdoors loves that place. We wondered around there drooling over everything. I saw some kayaks that I liked!
Then today it is the opposite extreme. We slept in, I'm doing laundry at my leisure, I'm watching documentaries on Netflix, took an hour nap, Jordan is sitting at the kitchen table doing homework, Craig is in the garage installing a new garage door opener, Caleb is doing homework. All is calm and I'm loving the peace and tranquility of the day.

My kind of weekend......

No comments: