Saturday, January 28, 2012

Conversation with a stranger

I had to share this.......

This afternoon I was in Kazoo at Goodwill. I was in the children's section looking at children's books when this adorable little boy walked up to me. I'm guessing he was 4 or 5 years old. First thing he says is "Do you like my hair?". He had it all spiked up with gel and it was really cute. "Why, yes I do! It looks fantastic on you".

Then he proceeded "I've had a bloody nose all day today". My attention turned to his face and nose. I didn't see so much as a drop of blood. I told him "Maybe it's because it's so dry this time of year".

"No" he quickly answered. "It's because I pick my nose". At this point I am roaring with laughter. His Mom is laughing too but she doesn't say a word. She just lets him continue to talk.

I then tell the little boy "I'm so glad you told me that because you just made my day".

He finishes his story with "I didn't really want to tell you but I told you so you could warn your children not to pick their noses".

I love kids...... And I really miss having little ones around. I hope I have lots of grand-babies....... someday.

No comments: