Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's Up?



What's up? Not much... just in the middle of winter dreaming of warmer days. Craig and I took a drive out to the cottage last weekend. It was cold and lonely out there. It's a whole different world out there in the winter.

We are FINALLY close to getting our hardwood floor installed in the living room. We were messing around with a contractor that was giving us the runaround and now we have a new one we are pleased with and are making good progress. The stairs and landing upstairs are getting new carpet too. I'm so excited. I've been looking at curtains and I can hardly wait to have things new and beautiful.

Craig bought me a new garden swing today. Yes, it's the end of January and we are buying outdoor furniture. We waited too long last year and the one I wanted was sold out so we jumped on it this year and bought it as soon as Lowe's put them out. OK, the snow can melt anytime now.

You might have heard about the tragedy in our hometown this past week. We live in a small close knit community and on Monday a 30 year old mother came up missing. She just seemed to vanish. There were organized searches, prayer vigils, and our quiet little town turned into a national media frenzy. Sadly on Thursday she was found murdered along with another young mother. Things like this never happen so close to home. Our whole town is shocked and in mourning. Luckily they have arrested and charged the guy responsible. So sad......

Jordan is LOVING college. No more calls home sobbing, no more homesickness, has LOTS of friends. She couldn't wait to get back to school when she was home over Christmas, in fact she went back almost a week early. I miss her but I'm so happy she doing so well.

Caleb and Bailey are doing really well too. We wish we got to see Bailey more often. Between school and work for both of them they are really busy.

I'm still very excited about my Weight Watchers. I'm making progress and so proud of the fact that I haven't thrown in the towel. I'm actually doing it and it's getting easier as time goes on. Craig has been really supportive and he's even doing it too. Last night I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. I told Mom I could eat pretty much anything as long as it was low carb. She made me the most wonderful salad loaded with fresh veggies, a grilled steak and some cantaloupe for desert. It was awesome. I can do this!!!!

Happy Weekend All.....


No comments: