Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beauty is Everywhere

There is beauty everywhere! We finally got significant snow in the last 24 hours and it is still coming down. I absolutely love getting dumped on especially when it is the weekend and I can stay all hunkered down and cozy at home. It was barely light outside this morning and Craig and I were outside playing in the snow. Craig was blowing the drive and making paths around the back yard for the dogs. He also blew paths to all my birdfeeders. I was filling all the feeders and chasing the birds around with my camera.
This is my FAVORITE bird feeder. We had a huge tree cut down in the back yard last spring. Craig saved two pieces and created this bird feeder for me. It weighs a ton and isn't about to be moved or knocked over. I'm not the only one that loves it. It's a favorite with the birds too.
Winter is my favorite time to photograph cardinals.
I have a lot of titmice. They don't stand still for too long.
My beautiful friendly chickadee.
Needless to say my birds are spoiled. But they give me so much joy in return.

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that feeder.Of course all the birds decorating it are special as well.
Blessings,Ruth

Christy said...

The birds are beautiful. I have had quite a few visitor's here but mostly the Blue Jays, Juncos, and Chickadees. This past summer I had a Baltimore Oriole stop by and am hoping to see some more come this spring. I've also had the Bluebirds stop by in November and am hoping to see them return as well. I love the stump feeder thet is such a great idea. I may have to copy it only find the stump and pieces somewhere with out cutting down a tree. Great idea.