Sunday, January 16, 2011

I have a dream....

Reading the title of my post you might think my post is about MLK, especially since tomorrow is our MLK national holiday. Don't get me wrong, I have great admiration for the man but my post is about a different dream.
For years I've had the dream of attracting an OWL. I became one step closer today.
It still may only ever been a dream but I'm giving it a shot. I now have the house but I don't know if I have the environment. I read that the nesting box needs to be in a dense tree and this was the best we could come up with.
A friend of mine had a screech owl in a nesting box for several years. She brought photos into work and needless to say I was envious. The lady that owns the Wild Bird Center store said she put up owl boxes and only got squirrels in hers. Oh PLEASE, let an owl like my owl nesting box!
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh I hope this works.It would be such fun to watch all the nest activity.
Blessings,Ruth

Christy said...

An owl would be awesome. I hope it works for you. We came home to an owl, great-horned I think, on top of our shed but it was to dark out to tell for sure what kind. Best wishes on getting your owl.