Thursday, January 13, 2011

My happy place

I'm in my happy place this morning. I took advantage of no doctor being in the office today and took the day off. I woke up to the most beautiful new fallen fluffy snow. After throwing a load of laundry in I bundle up and head outside to feed the birds. My birds LOVE me! It's going to be a good day. Seems like I'm happiest when I have absolutely nothing I HAVE to do. It's the greatest feeling when I get to putter around on my own time.
The snow started about a week ago. Craig and I groomed the snowmobile trails for about 5 hours last Saturday. Another beautiful day on the trails. You might be surprised to know that Craig is selling all our snowmobiles. After years of threatening that "this is the year I'm selling the snowmobiles" this is THE year to finally act on it. Craig says that the aggravation factor has finally outweighed the enjoyment factor. Many factors made the decision.... seems like they are always broke down, the price of gas is outrageous, if we are lucky we have only a few weeks a year we can even use them, they take up a huge amount of room in the garage, etc, etc. Craig listed them on "Craig's List" and within 24 hours one had already sold. Two others are interested in another one. Gotta love Craig's List.
But don't think that Craig is giving up his love of the sport. He still has plans to be active with the snowmobile club which puts in and maintains the trails in our area. He love driving the groomer.
I snapped this photo of Seadra and Zoe this morning. The dogs are not too happy about this weather. Zoe seems to tolerate it better than the other two. Seadra and Fiona fight it all the way. Can't you tell by the look on Seadra's face? She's such a spoiled whiny baby.

Mr. Squirrel was playing with me this morning. He lets me get within a few feet of him. I bet I could get him to eat out of my hand if I was patient enough. I think the squirrels understand that I feed them. This time of year I pick up "critter food" in addition to bird seed.

Have a great day... I hope you are in your happy place.


No comments: