Sunday, May 5, 2013

In all it's glory....

Spring has arrived in all it's glory!  I honestly cannot remember a year where I was happier to see spring.  The LONG cold winter got the better of me this year.  Being a snow bird sounds more pleasing the older I get.  
Craig, Caleb and I took a motorcycle this afternoon through the back county just so I could see the orchards in full bloom.  I had my camera phone with me and tried to snap a few photos.  
This one I took while actually moving down the road.  I couldn't believe how well it turned out.  
Right now I am sitting in the back yard in the swing facing my bluebird house with my laptop blogging.  I feel like I am in paradise.  My bluebirds are back, so are the orioles and hummingbirds.  Birds are singing everywhere.  
We spent most of the day doing yard work.
This is Momma Robin who has build a nest on our back porch.  I'm guessing her babies have hatched because I now see her taking worms back with her.  
Yesterday we stopped out at the cottage for a bit and I walked around and took photos of wildflowers.  
So delicate and so beautiful. 
You may have heard that we lost our Dear Seadra on April 19th.  She was nearly 14. 
We knew that Seadra's days were numbered for the last 6 months or so.  There were times throughout the last few months that we didn't think she was going to make it through the winter.  She would have bad days here and there but nothing that really lasted more than a day.  

We were suppose to go camping "that" weekend but the weather was so cold and rainy that we cancelled our camping trip.  I had Thursday and Friday planned off work so when we cancelled our camping trip I decided to keep the time off work anyway just to hang out at home and have some time off.  Little did I know what a God send that time off work was to be.  

Thursday morning Craig let Seadra out of her crate.  She could not stand, he had to carry her outside.  She staggered around and wouldn't eat or drink.  He laid her in her doggie bed and she wouldn't change positions or raise her head.  

I spent that whole day just holding her in my arms.  No decisions were made Thursday, we decided to wait and see how she was doing in the morning.  Friday morning came and she was worse.  As Craig was leaving for work I asked him to make the call to the vet, I couldn't make the call.  Her appointment was made for 4:30 that afternoon. 

I was home alone with her all day on Friday.  I had my moments of real sadness and tears but there was a peace that I cannot explain.  It was Seadra's time...... and my time to say goodbye. 
She really was the first dog I ever loved.  She the one who taught me to love dogs.  I'll be forever grateful to her.  
We are settling into the new routine of being a two dog family.  
Zoe and Fiona keep me smiling.
This is my latest favorite photos.  I was literally laying on the ground taking photos of the flowers when Zoe walks up and pokes her head in front of the camera.  I love that dog!  She loves the camera and never fails to let me have an awesome photo shoot with her.  Thank you Zoe! 
Craig and I did manage to sneak in a few hour of kayaking at Fort Custer State Park a few weeks ago.  The geese were nesting so it was fun photographing them.  
Beautiful white geese were on the lakes as well.
Last Sunday Craig and I drove up to see Jordan's last band concert of the season.  The theme was music from famous movies.  I loved the music!  

In another week Jordan will be home for a week in between semesters.  We have a camping trip planned while she's home.  

Happy spring my friends...... Enjoy!   

No comments: