Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring

Craig has been in Indy at a trade show the last few days. So being I am home alone I called Mom and Dad yesterday while I was at work and invited myself over for dinner. At 4:00 I flew out the door, stopped at home and got Seadra and Zoe so they could go with me, then arrived to a wonderful home cooked meal of brats on the grill, orzo lemon pasta salad, fresh green beans with ham, beet salad and fresh strawberries. My parents are the best! Poor Fiona has turned so unsociable with people she is not familiar with that I didn't take her.
Then I walked around Mom's gardens and took hundreds of photos of anything that screamed spring, which was almost everything. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE spring? Well, I'm saying it again.
Then last night I lay in bed with the windows wide open enjoying the cool breezes (this is the best sleeping weather). I laid there thinking about how incredibly happy I was. I have two well adjusted happy kids who are a complete joy to be around, I have a husband whom I adore, 3 crazy dogs who make me smile everyday, a job I love (most of the time).... I drifted off to the most peaceful sleep. And then I woke up to the sounds of a gentle rain. I laid in bed an extra few minutes this morning just so I could listen.....

It's rained almost all day today but I didn't mind. It's only making things grow and greener. Right now I'm sitting on the front porch swing listening to the birds. Seadra, Zoe and Fiona are out here with me. They think they are protecting me.
And last I leave you with a "spring chicken". This is my Dad's rooster. I think he's beautiful!

Happy Weekend my friends.... and Happy Spring!!!!

No comments: