Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The wait is over.

Spring has been slow to come this year. It will be April in a few days and we've been averaging 20 degrees blow average for weeks. We have had some beautiful sunny days but still COLD! Last Sunday Craig and I decided we didn't care if it was only 33 degrees outside we were heading out with our Kayaks. You may remember that we bought our kayaks back in November. We were one of the crazy people standing in line at 5 AM for Dunham's Black Friday sale. It was worth it as we got a screaming deal on the kayaks but the bad side was that I've had to stare at them all winter just dying to use them.
We found this really small secluded lake not far from our house. Perfect. I was loving it. Never even noticed that it was 33 degrees outside and parts of the lake still had ice on it.
And even Zoe got to go! I think she enjoyed it. She wasn't afraid but she wouldn't stay still and she aggravated Craig most of the time. I don't know how much she'll be going with us from now on.
I did really good maneuvering my kayak. I still need more practice but it's really pretty easy. My goal it is get good enough and brave enough to head out on my own occasionally.
Even if there isn't any green anywhere yet it was still beautiful.
Can't wait for our next excursion.

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The fun has just begun.