Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is it Friday Yet?

It's nearly 10:00 and I just came upstairs to watch a little TV but felt inspired to do a blog post instead. It's Thursday night. I like Thursday's for the most part. It's only 1 day away from Friday and that's reason enough to celebrate. Thursday's are my Weight Watchers meetings. I look forward to the weigh in each week to see what goal I may have reached. This was a good week. 4.0 pound lose in one week. That's the most I've lost in one weeks time to date. 32 pounds and still counting!!!! Also, every Thursday Craig and I go out to dinner at the Roadhouse where Caleb works. I try to stay away from carbs the best I can but it's my once a week indulgence.

Still waiting for the weather to break and turn into spring around here. Saturday looks promising (prediction is sunny and 67) and I am looking forward to spending the day outside. We did get the trailer out of storage too. It's great looking out behind the garage and seeing it home. Our first camping trip is planned for Easter weekend. I can't wait to hit the road. We have a long 10 day UP trip planned for mid July.... July can't get here fast enough, although I'm not wanting to wish the summer away.

I've been in a funk lately that I'm trying to get out of. Nothing in particular, just tired and tired of work. Still love my job but wanting some time off. I haven't taken a day off since last summer as I try desperately to save up all my vacation time for days off to go camping in the summer. Thank goodness some of those days are coming up.

Yesterday was a particularly tough day at work. No details but I was emotionally drained and upset by the end of the day. So much so that I took a long leisurely out the way drive home. It helped a lot.

Just in the last few weeks Jordan has made the decision to stay up at Ferris for spring and summer semester so of course this means that Jordan will not be coming home this summer. She needs 72 credits to be eligible for the pharmacy program by the end of her second year. She was planning on coming home and taking classes locally at a community college to accomplish her 72 credits but her scholarship will not allow her to take off campus classes. I know that Craig and I will miss her even more this summer not having her home but I worry more about her than I do myself. I worry that she will be homesick. All her friends are going home for the summer. She won't get to hang out at the cottage. We'll cross those bridges when we get to them. Hopefully she'll get to come home a lot on the weekends.

We are only a few days away from April 19th. Do you know what April 19th is? It is our 25th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 25 years. I'd do it all over again in a heart beat. More to follow about these amazing 25 years and this wonderful life we've created in another blog post soon.

Time to sleep.... just one more day to get through. Have a great weekend my friends!

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I hope your weekend will be filled with good things.25 years is a wonderful mile stone.Enjoy each day you have with each other.

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Wow, a four pound weight loss in one week, that is fantastic! And no days off since last summer??? Wow - you should come and work in the schools!!! (altho the payday does take a dip then!) Am in a bit of a funk too - had the whole week off for spring vacation, and hoped to get lots of stuff done around the house (more like cleaned up) and I think things look worse than last week! OH well!!! And hope you get to have a fun weekend kayaking!!!

Hugs - Diane