Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In my happy place.....

I've been neglecting my blog lately so I thought I better do a blog post so you know we are all still alive. I haven't been out with my camera at ALL for weeks so I had to dig up this photo of a bluejay that I took a month ago or so.

Life seems so simple these days and I am loving that. It's that time of year where I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring but at the same time content with the monotony. I will be so happy to hook up the trailer and hit the rivers in our kayaks but for now I am enjoying the peace of no commitments or obligations. Spring and summer will fill me up with all of that very soon.

We ripped the carpet out of our living room the week after Christmas and have been walking around on really ugly floors. Finally, our new hardwood floor is being installed tomorrow!!!! I should have a new floor when I get home from my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll have a post dedicated to my new living room soon.... stay tuned.

And speaking of Weight Watcher.... I am doing AWESOME. I've lost 22 pounds since the beginning of January. I'm averaging over 2 pounds a week. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could actually do this. My whole way of eating, shopping and planning meals has TOTALLY changed. I have my moments where I get tired of it but not near as many as you would think. For the most part I've really enjoyed it. It's been almost a game to figure up food point values, read labels when shopping, and figure out what restaurants I can go to and get good things that are good for me. I think one reason this has been successful for me is that I love healthy foods. I never crave sweets. My down fall was pastas, pizza, potatoes, breads, etc. If I can say anything bad about this is that it is very time consuming. I spend hours on the weekends shopping and cooking for the week ahead. But it been a priority that I have made and it's been a good thing! I'm hoping to have lost 30 pounds by summer and if I can reach my ultimate goal of 40 pounds I will be thrilled! Oh, and Craig decided to join me when he saw good it was working for me. Craig has lost 13 pounds!

Jordan is coming home Friday and will be home all next week on spring break! I miss my girl.


2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Way to go.To have success in a weight loss must be very rewarding.I love that Blue Jay picture.You caught him at just the right moment.
Blessings,Ruth

RobDares said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! 22 pounds is a lot, I'm impressed. That's just about what I need to lose. Does this mean we can expect to see you in a bikini this summer???
In all seriousness,you should be very proud of your accomplishment.