Monday, March 14, 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel

Well, we are now in the middle of March and I really get excited thinking that next month is April already. Every time I look out the window I see male robins fighting for territory. We are getting more glimpses of sun and a tease of warmer weather here and there. Yes, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm still doing really well on my quest to lose weight and get healthier. This is one of my favorites, baked tilapia over asparagus. I bake about 10 of these at one time and freeze them. I'm loving this diet! I'm at 25 pounds now!
Our living room makeover is almost done. Notice the beautiful new hardwood floor..... I will never go back to carpet. I am in LOVE with my floor. It's so refreshing to walk downstairs to this in the morning. Just have a few finishing touches to do like wall decor and curtains.
And in addition to the floors I treated myself to a new piece of furniture as well. Meet my new end table. I found it at an antique store in Coldwater. The minute I saw it I just had to have it.
It's old and beautiful and has a gorgeous grey marble top. I couldn't be more pleased with it.
Caleb bought a new video game that he and Bailey enjoyed last weekend.
Never really understood the fascination of video games but I will admit that I am hooked on "Angry Birds" on my iphone.
Jordan was home for 9 days over her spring break. She had her wisdom teeth out on Monday which knocked her off her feet for four days. She literally barely moved from the lazy chair to her bed for four solid days. Finally on Thursday Craig and I convinced her to go to the Roadhouse with us. Then on Friday she started to come around. On Friday night we went to dinner at my parents so Jordan could spend a few hours with Gram and Pa-Pa.
It was great having her home.
After Jordan left yesterday I noticed this note she left on the cupboard in the kitchen. I sure do love that girl!
And not to leave Caleb out.... I saved this note from a few months back. I left for work one morning feeling awful with a bad head cold. After a long exhausting day I could barely drag myself out to my car. When I opened my car door this is what I found on my steering wheel.

Do I have the best kids or what?

No comments: