Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm usually in bed by now but I'm forcing myself to stay up to get a few loads of laundry done. I've been slacking on my weekend laundry duties. Our weekend time is so precious that if something away is calling us we listen and take off. Last Saturday I spent the day in Grand Rapids with Jordan. We met up at the Grandville mall. We had lunch, shopped, and then we picked up Ty for dinner and ice cream. I don't feel guilty about leaving the laundry and other things that need to be done when I'm spending the day like that. I know where my priorities are.

And then Sunday...... Craig had just gotten home from being in Indy the last 4 days. He was going to Battle Creek where he was meeting a guy who bought some wheels off of him. I decided to ride along. I miss my hubby when he's gone and even if it is riding along on a road trip we both enjoy the time together. I read my new "kayaking in Michigan" books aloud during the drive. When the wheel delivery was done we turned around and headed towards Chicago and hit the "Bass Pro" and "Cabelas" stores. We finished buying the last few things we needed for our kayaks (paddles, etc).

So who has time to hang around home and do laundry when there are so much better things to do?

OK, I just heard the dryer buzz... gotta go.

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Way to go girl.You do have your priorities right.Thime spent with the ones you love is never wasted.Laundry will wait.

RobDares said...

I love those doggies....oh my...so cute.