Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome to my new blog

Hello... and welcome to the new "Five Pines". I'm sure you're asking why the new blog? Well, a number of reason. First of all we are losing our Verizon account because Verizon was sold to a new company named Frontier. Because of this I am losing me email address that I've had for 8 years. It's my login for most all of my accounts including my blog. I couldn't figure out how to change my Blogger account to my new Gmail address. I know there must be a way but I couldn't figure it out. So I decided to take this little issue and do something I've been thinking about for awhile... a new blog. It's still going to be the same as far as content... family, friends, dogs, birds, nature, photography..... What you might notice is the new larger size of photos. Other blogs that I occasionally visit have this wonderful larger photo format and I've wanted to be able to do it for sometime. I'm pretty proud of myself with the fact that I investigated and figured out how to do it. It involves uploading my photos to Photobucket and them posting links of them on my blog. I LOVE the larger photos. Hope you enjoy it too.
If you are a regular visitor to my blog please make note to bookmark my new address. I won't be deleting my old blog anytime soon and I will leave the link on there to my new blog for awhile. But this will be my new home. I hope you'll visit often...
We spent a wonderful few days out at the cottage for the 4th of July.
Special friends always join us at the cottage for the holiday and this year was no exception. Jordan, Ty, and Amanda are enjoying a boat ride, one of many over the weekend.
Bailey and Lauren are sporting their 4th of July spirit.
My two favorite guys.
Of all my photos I took this weekend this one was my favorite. To me this just epitomizes what the cottage means.... best friends, memories, good times. Nothing says it more than the looks on Naomi and Lauren's face.
Caleb has a new girlfriend. Her name is Bailey (another Bailey in the family) and we adore her. Nothing makes a mother happier than to see their kids happy. Caleb's been floating around for weeks.
More good times and memories!
Jordan's good friend Amanda has joined the Army and leaves next week for basic training in Oklahoma. They've been spending a lot of time together before Amanda leaves.
Heading out for an evening boat ride to watch the fireworks.
The fireworks were great this year and what better way to watch them than from the middle of the lake on a boat.
Craig and I finished off the weekend with an early morning boat ride where we watched the Blue Heron's fishing and flying around.

We love the 4th and we love the cottage!

3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like the new look.Loooks like you had a fabulous weekend.Way to go.
Blessings,Ruth

Christy said...

Love the new layout. I'm going to have to investigate this myself. I watched fireworks over the water up in Petoskey one year and loved it. Thought it would be a cool experience to see them while out on the water. Thanks for sharing.

Minerva said...

Nice blog! The bigger pictures are great. All the family pics are nice, and that blue heron is the picture of grace!
Now to go bookmark...