Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

Not sure who to give credit to for this photo of Zoe. I just found it on my camera one day. I think Craig took it. And let me assure you... Zoe was not posed for this photo. We find her sleeping like this all the time. That dog lives the GOOD LIFE.

Well, we can definately say one thing about this summer so far..... HOT! Last summer was so unusually cool and people complained big time around here. But not me! That was my kind of summer. At least we had a lot of rain in June but July has been extremely dry so far. My poor lawn needs water desperately. We try to water a little bit but with city water that gets expensive.

Oh well... I'm finding things to keep me busy indoors where it's cool and comfortable. And Craig is accommodating my many requests for Jeep rides in the evenings when the sun goes down. Last night we rode to Niles and had dinner with friends.

And working in an air conditioned office has it's benefits this time of year. I don't even venture outdoors for lunch very often. The car is 500 degrees from being closed up in the beating sun and it just isn't worth it. One day after work this week I decided I wanted an ice cream cone to eat on the drive home. How convenient that there is a Dairy Queen right next door to where I work! They have a drive up window so I pulled up there and asked for a small vanilla cone. What was I thinking? It was literally 94 degrees outside and the inside of my car must have been 150 degrees. No sooner had they handed me my cone and it started to melt. I looked like a mad woman trying to frantically lick my cone as fast as I could to keep it from dripping all they way down my arm. It was worth it... that cone was good and COLD.

I'm desperately missing my camping. We haven't been since June 25th... almost a month. We are going to Silver Lake the weekend of July 29th for 3 days with Jordan and Ian and hopefully Caleb and Bailey can join us for part of the weekend too. Then the second week in August Craig and I are going to Sleeping Bear Dunes for 5 days! That I am so looking forward to. And we are contemplating permanently parking our trailer at a campground up at Silver Lake for the whole month of September. Things to look forward to.......

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: