Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Best day ever.......

Yesterday Craig and I both had the day off work. Not wanting to waste a vacation day sitting at home I "suggested" we drive over to Chicago and spend the day at Chicago Botanic Gardens. Craig loves my "suggestions". But being the wonderful husband that he is he lets me drag him to my "suggestions" a few times a year. What usually happens is he hopes he can tolerate it and then ends up really enjoying it. Luckily yesterday was no exception. And what made it even better..... at the last minute Jordan decided to join us! It was a great day!

The best part for me was getting outdoors with my camera. I can't tell you how good it feels to get out there and be creative. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. I can't get enough. By the time we left I had taken nearly 900 photos. It was late when we got home but I did manage to download the photos before I went to bed. I could hardly wait to get out of work today so I could come home and sort/edit my photos. I weeded my nearly 900 photos down to 100. The gardens were AMAZING there. If you've never been there it's 380 acres of meticulously landscaped gardens, every kind you can imagine. I'll post more photos this week of our trip there but first I'm posting my favorite photos from the day...... And wouldn't you know, it's not flowers but of a Momma Duck and her two babies that we came across in one of the ponds. Oh, it was so much fun.
At first I spotted Momma but didn't even notice the babies. I thought she was beautiful and the light was just perfect on her and the background was natural so I was excited to try and get some good shots of her. After a moment Craig pointed out the babies hiding in the plants. Then I really got excited! She was quite tolerant of me and we had this amazing photo shoot. And Craig and Jordan were patient with me and didn't even rush me.

Best day ever......



1 comment:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

With pictures like this I can see why it was the best day ever.
BLessings,Ruth