Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hello my name is Jessica and I'm addicted to thrift stores

It is no secret that I love thrifting.  I pass two thrift stores on my way to and from work everyday, and several more just a stones throw from my usual path.  It's not unusual for me to stop several times a week.  It's rare that I don't find some little treasure to take home.  Here's a few of latest favorite finds.  
 Clay handmade bird house.... just have to figure out how to hang him.  
This is one glass owl of a pair I bought.  I took the other one to work and have him sitting in my office. They are heavy thick glass bookends.  I looked them up online and evidently they were made in the 50's.  I found them on ebay selling for $80 for the pair, I got them for 5 bucks. 
I'm drawn to anything that is nature in theme.  This little brass turtle is actually a box; his shell opens up. 
One of the places I always head straight for is the linen department.  It's a very lucky day if I find a quilt or something beautiful knitted or chroched.  When I found this I didn't really have a use in mind but I fell in love with it.  I can only imagine that some Grandma lovingly made this with scraps of yarn she had.  I have it hanging over the back of the couch in the trailer.      
And this one..... Oh how I love this one.  The colors excited me so.  Can you believe that I got this for $5.  Oh happy day that was.  

No comments: