Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July weekend

The last 4 days have been packed with fun, sun, water, thrifting, photography, boating, kayaking, family and friends.... what more could I ask for.  It's Sunday of the 4th of July holiday weekend and I'm  enjoying coffee on the deck with a view of the lake, reflecting on the past 4 days.  Life is good.   
My crazy wonderful son showing off.
Our friends Dawn and Jerry enjoyed the day with us.  Jerry makes a mean dirty martini. 
My wandering mind and eye leads me to anything that says "photo op".  This and the following few photos are from my Mom's raised bed garden (one of her many gardens).  I get lost for hours at my parents house.  Yesterday I was out in the gardens with my camera and Dad comes out and says "Lunch is ready".  I was not expecting lunch but was thrilled to find a huge salad or fresh garden greens (of course from my parents garden).  Best salad ever.  How lucky of a daughter I am to relish the benefits of their labor of love in the gardens. 
Mom's raised bed garden belongs in Better Homes and Gardens.  It's a work of art. 
I've ordered a new macro lens that should be arriving mid week.  So excited!  Look for macro photos soon.........  For those of you that don't know what a macro lens is, it's for taking close up photos of flowers, insects, etc.....  

No comments: