Monday, March 25, 2013

I am a grateful life-loving human

Awesome weekend!  And it's not over yet.  It's Monday morning and I'm not at work!!  One of our providers is out of town so I took a low census day for a 3 day weekend.  YAHOO.....  Do you know how much more wonderful Sunday's are when you are not faced with the fact that in a few short hours it's back to work.  For me, I relax so much more.  
We still cannot break out of this nasty weather.  It's gloomy and cold.  Did I mention cold???  We are literally 20 degrees below average and have been for weeks.  In between the gloom and clouds the sun tries to peak out here and there.  Yesterday around noon the sun decided to show her face for brief intervals here and there.  Craig says "Grab you camera and lets go to the cottage for a few hours".  So two pairs of pants, 3 shirts, heavy socks, boots, jackets, hats and gloves later we were on our way.  
Zoe was my most willing participant for a photo shoot.  She always is.  
This was me trying to be artistic.  If I can't have green trees, and flowers, then I'm bound and determined to find beauty in other things.  
Zoe and Fiona loved being outdoors with us.  It's been a long winter for them too.  
This was my favorite photo of the day......  
The only clean up we did at the cottage was pick up sticks and burn them.  The leaves are still too wet and there is still snow on the ground in spots.  
Several months ago I found a new app for my phone that I am in love with.  It's called "Flipboard".  You tell it your likes and interests and all day long it continually updates showing you articles on the web pertaining to your likes.  Of course it shows me all these awesome photography articles.  One of my favorite things to do at the end of the day is sit down and see what Flipboard has recommended for me.  I get lost for hours reading photography how to's, watching tutorial videos, looking at amazing photography.....  

But two things I read this week really stuck with me.  First was a quote...

"Find the thing you're most passionate about, then do it nights and weekends for the rest of your life"

Love love love that..... It's my new motto. 

Second was a post I read on Instagram of a woman explaining why she loves photography.  It really hit home for me.  She said....

"One of my favorite things about photography: that moment of "church" at my desk when I'm editing photos--given the chance to stare at a moment for much longer than it actually lasted.  Noticing things that might have been ignored.  Seeing the people and things I love with a different perspective.  The art of picture taking has truly made me a more observant, grateful, life-loving human.  Amen"

No comments: