Monday, March 4, 2013

A Sunday Outing

Dang, he's cute....

At work I've been scheduling surgeries well into April and every time I write down the date I smile. I was happy to see March 1st last Friday but I'll be even happier to see April 1st.  Do I sound like a bitter person who hates winter?  Really I'm not.  I love winter, in fact I think it's one of the most beautiful seasons but when it gets to be this time of year I am so ready to move on.  SPRING.... bring it on.  Out will come the kayaks, the trailer comes out of storage, the Jeep trips to Silver Lake, fires in the back yard.....  
But for now it's still very much winter and cold.  
We went on a little outing Sunday..... 
Not far from where we live is a 400 acre hunting/dog training/skeet shooting place.  What a cool place.  Craig works with a guy who is really involved with training German Shorthair hunting dogs. We watched them for about 3 hours on Sunday.  How fascinating!  I've never seen such control in a dog.  They plant these pigeons all around the fields and the dogs find them, point, and obey commands.  My description doesn't do it justice.  
It was a great way to spend an afternoon and experience something I've never seen before.  

No comments: