Saturday, December 11, 2010

Two Weeks Until Christmas!

We are under a winter storm warning. Usually I love a good winter storm, especially when it's the weekend and I can hunker down at home. But of all days for a nasty storm to be rolling in.... tomorrow Craig's flying home and we have plans for me to pick him up at the airport and then we were suppose to head straight up to Big Rapids for Jordan's Christmas symphony concert. It doesn't look like it's going to happen now. We're just going to play it by ear and see how things look tomorrow.

Do you like my tree? I love it. It doesn't change much from year to year except the shape maybe since we buy a live tree each year. I was happy that when Craig was home over Thanksgiving weekend we were able to get the tree.
This cardinal clothes pin is one of my new ornaments this year. You can't tell from the tree but he's a tiny little thing, only about a half inch. He's totally lost in the tree but I know exactly where he is.
It's already Dec. 11th and I FINALLY did some Christmas shopping today. And I actually enjoyed it. I went to this antique shop in Kalamazoo and it just so happened that they were having a Christmas open house. They really did it up. They had a group walking around the store singing Christmas Carols. Boy, could they sing! And they were all decked out in furs and jewels. I wish I had my camera with me. But the cutest was this little boy who was dressed up as Tiny Tim. He was walking around with a limp and a cane. He was also carrying a big basket full of wrapped presents and handing them out to the customers. I loved it!
Bailey and Craig made Christmas sugar cookies about a week ago which lasted all of two days!

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The tree looks lovely.I do hope that Craig gets home safely.
Blessings,Ruth