Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Keeping Warm and Cozy

It's been snowing like crazy the last few days but we are finally starting to see some relief. My drive home from work today was much better than the 1 hour of terror I experienced on my drive home yesterday. I've lived in Michigan all my life and you would think that I would get used to it... NOT! We are driving to Big Rapids Sunday for Jordan's Christmas Concert and they are calling for near blizzard conditions over the weekend. Craig is not a bit intimidated. I guess I'll just have to close my eyes all the way.
The Christmas tree is up and all my decorations are out. Craig has put a beautiful display of lights outside. I have my internet radio station set to Christmas music at work. I love it! I have some time off over Christmas and I am so looking forward to it. Bring it on!

The snow is so beautiful outside. I have a big window in my office and I've been enjoying watching the snow fall. Even if it does overlook a Chinese restaurant and a parking lot. I like to dream that there's mountains in the background, a quiet little stream, and birds everywhere. I've seriously thought about sticking one of those window bird feeders outside but I think the building owners would frown on that.

Saturday my Mom is selling her plants at the Kalamazoo Nature Center. The nature center puts on this show each year and only lets people sell things that have to do with natural products, things of the environment, recycled arts, etc. It's different than the typical arts and craft show and right up my alley! I'm looking forward to going and looking at all the exhibiters/products. Last year there was a man there selling little potted succulent gardens. I wanted one in the worst way but talked myself out of it. I'm hoping he's there again, I'd love to have one for my office. Check out the show if you can.

Take care my friends... and stay warm and cozy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Jessica
Been a long time. Looks like you and your family are doing well and revving up for another winter.
I miss seeing your bird pictures.
Your dogs are adorable. As an owner of three also I know it can be a lot of work and lots of vet visits at time.
Merry Christmas if I don't get back here before then.
Jen