Sunday, December 5, 2010

It is what it is

I deleted my last post without most of you probably getting a chance to read it. The post was about the usual.... what's up with my life. I did the post late one evening and someone at 3:00 AM left an anonymous comment. They were too cowardly to identify themselves. They insinuated they had been reading my blog for a some time and that I had previously posted many "dumb" things online. I was then chastised for making comments about Craig being out of town. The comment was rude and meant nothing more than to be hurtful, which it was.

I was in such absolute shock that I quickly turned my blog settings to private not allowing anyone to look at my blog. I knew that I didn't want to leave it that way but until I figured out how I wanted to address the comment I just shut it down.

Anyone that I have shared this story with is in total agreement with me that whoever you are is a cowardly slime bag who only meant to be hurtful. Your half hearted pretense to be concerned about my well being is nothing more than bull. You obviously do not like me so why do you even bother to read my blog... why not stay away?

My blog is simply that... MY BLOG. I blog because I like to be creative and it is a stress reliever for me. I do not throw my blog in anyones face and I certainly do not MAKE anyone read it. I am not there forcing your fingers to click on the link to my blog.

When friends or family talk to me about my blog I am very modest about it. Almost to the point of being shy about it. I think, why do people like my blog or want to read it? It's always the same stuff... my family, my life, my dogs, my birds, my job, etc.... I think it's got to be pretty boring to other people and I do not blog for bragging rights. I blog about things that are passionate to me, what makes me happy and what the loves of my life are. And as far as blogging about my husband being out of town.... our grown son still lives at home and I am rarely home "alone". It is my nature to be trusting and believe in the good of people. I guess that's why it's so hurtful when someone like you comes along. I hope you are proud of yourself now that you've made me wonder what "friend" or "family member" you are.

I have decided to open my blog back up publicly but I have turned off the anonymous comment feature. We'll see how this goes.

6 comments:

Bailey said...

Well said! It is terrible that there are such rude people in the world. I love your blog!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hang in there.This is a place where we should be able to express our thoughts without fearing what others may think.As you said no one HAS to read a blog.Your friends choose to read what you have to say.
Blessings,Ruth

John said...

That is outrageous. It figures that they would be anonymous as most cowards choose to remain so. I enjoy reading your blog when I have the time and think that you should just keep it up so that they will not have any joy in your anger.

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

That is really too bad!!! Don't let anyone make you want to go hide!!! It is your blog, you can do with it what you want! This person sounds very weird that would make such strange comments! You hang in there - I love your blog!!! (I like the header thingey too, or whatever it is called!)

Your friend,
Diane

Christy said...

Awe that is just so wrong. I know I for one enjoy reading your blog and in some ways I see myself a few years down the road, obviously not in the same situations but the stories you tell are your real life and that is what I love about it. I'm glad that you decided to return to blogging for others to read as I would have been disappointed not to see your posts since I've been a bad reader and not visited in a few months aagghh! man time has flown by fast. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!

RobDares said...

Hi Jessica and Happy New Year
Don't let anyone discourage you from posting. I get stupid comments on an almost daily basis, especially since I switched to a wordpress platform. However, I mark them as spam and delete them, which gives me a sense of satisfaction. There is always someone who wants to rain on a parade, regardless of whom the hurt in the process. While I like a little controversy, everyone is entitled to their opinion etc, stupid comments that are only written to be hurtful are such a waste of everyone's time, including the comment poster.
Keep blogging and pay no attention to the idjets...the world is full of them, we just have to learn to go around them!!
Robert