Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

Jordan is doing wonderful away at school. She was home over the holiday weekend and we loved having her home. She'd only been gone for a week but it was emotional and great things were accomplished during the week that she was there. We've had a mix of all kinds of emotions in that short time. Jordan struggled for several days but seems to be settling in wonderful and making a lot of friends. I look forward to talking to her for a few minutes each night to hear how things are going.
Work is keeping me busy! I was excited that I got to work in the OR on Wednesday. One of my doctors needed an assistant so I got to spend the whole day there. Everyone asks me if I miss working in the OR. Truth is I don't miss the "work". Scrubbing/assisting for 13 years was getting to be strenuous. What I do miss is working side by side with my doctors. I miss that relationship we had for so many years.
I had to throw this photo in. I love this photo of Caleb and I. Jordan is my cooperative one when the camera comes out and Caleb likes to act "funny" which doesn't always mean a good photo. Thanks Caleb for letting Mom have this one!
You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned my birds much this summer. I've been so consumed/distracted with so many things lately that I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't filled my feeders in weeks. Just tonight I told Craig that tomorrow is the day that I'm going to spend some time cleaning and filling all my feeders. I MISS my birds. Then I'm going to get out there with my camera and get back to what I love.
And here's one of the biggest distractions this summer. Our little black baby is FINALLY healthy after weeks and weeks of struggling along and wearing on all of us. It is such a relief to have that behind us. Poor Fiona was in so much pain with her hips and then sick for so long after her surgeries that she basically missed the whole puppy stage. Well, she's making up for it now. She running around and terrorizing the other dogs trying to rule this roost. She is 11 months old now and she's making up for all those months of not feeling good. We had totally forgotten what a feisty little thing she is because we saw so little of it before she was diagnosed. She's making up for lost time and we LOVE it, we love Fiona!
And MUCH to my relief summer is over. I do love the seasons but it seems like I am always happy for the next one to begin. So many people are always sorry to see summer end but of all the season I think summer is the one I'm happiest to see behind me each year. Summer was SOOOOO hot this year. The heat seems to suck the energy out of me. I am so ready to break out the sweatshirts and blue jeans, sleep with the windows open (I've already been sleeping like a baby), buy caramel apples from Cross' Market(oh how I've missed them), go to football games, celebrate Caleb and Jordan's October birthday. It's my favorite time of year!!!!
And I've missed my blogging with my little ones snuggled up next to me. It's a stress reliever and a creative outlet for me. Hopefully fall will find me outdoors more with my camera which in turn leads to more blogging.
It's been so hot this summer that I could probably count on one hand how many fires we had this year....... another reason to rejoice that fall is here.... more fires where we have our best family conversations.
Even Seadra and Zoe love fall.....
And tomorrow I'm breaking out the fall decorations..... Happy September All!

2 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Good news all around.I'm happy to hear that Jordan is adjusting well to school life.Caleb is a handsome young man,and Mom looks very proud.I so agree that summer is the one season I don't mind saying good-bye to.Heat and I do not agree.
Blessings,Ruth

Jen said...

Thanks for the update. Life moves on whether we like it or not. But it's all good. Best of luck to Jordan - glad to hear she is settling in nicely at school.
It's good to be busy, but great to take time for yourself and sit down on occasion and watch the birds. :)