Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's been one of those weeks....

Sunday night it started. I could feel the body aches and sore throat coming on. Sure enough by Monday morning it was full blown. A raging sore throat and feverish. It was "the week" at work where we go live on a new computer software system and there was no possible way I could stay home. My thought was that I would go in for a few hours and then leave. That was my thought everyday this week but did it happen? Of course not. I walked out at the end of the day after working anywhere from 9 to 11 hours each day. By Wednesday it had all settled into my chest and I was a coughing maniac. It never failed..... the minute I would get on the phone with someone I would go into a coughing fit and have to hang up the phone... totally embarrassing.

The stress of the new computer software system is about to put our whole office over the edge. Especially the doctors. I won't go into details but it is not good!

By Friday I was beyond my limits. As I was getting ready to drag myself out the door on Friday morning, for yet another day in paradise, Craig was getting ready to go on a motorcycle road trip with a bunch of his buddies. They were heading north on a fall color tour and the weather couldn't have been better for it. What I wouldn't have given to go along. I wasn't very nice to Craig. I was feeling sorry for myself. Still feeling really sick, and pissed that my life sucked so bad at that moment. Why me???? Let's just say it was not a pretty moment.

Fast forward a bit..... It is now Friday night and I have made it through the week from hell. It is 6:30 PM and Craig calls to say he is almost home. I put my motorcycle helmet on and go sit on a stump at the end of the driveway. Along comes my tall, dark and handsome motorcycle dude (OK, so he's not tall but he is mine and I love him like crazy). I hop on the back of the motorcycle and we are not a 1/2 mile down the road when I close my eyes and concentrate on the wind blowing around me. I can feel my body starting to relax. I wrap my arms around my hubby and the tears are streaming down my face. Craig reaches back and touches my leg..... I am loved and safe.

No comments: