Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Enjoying the Rain

No it's not snowing here in Michigan yet. This was a photo of Fiona from last winter. I was going through some old photos and came across this adorable photo of F-Fi. Because Fiona is so dark (black) it's hard to get a photo of her where her eyes show up like this. I love this photo!

Work has been better the last few weeks. A little less stressful but the main difference is that I am no longer on my death bed. This one was a doozy. It's been almost 3 weeks and I am still occasionally coughing. Just in the last 2 days I have been able to walk out of the office at the end of the day and not feel like I had been totally beaten up. I hope I have paid my dues for a while.

When I let the dogs out this morning it was just starting to rain. I hardly have the luxury of being much of a weather watcher these days so I had no idea it was even suppose to rain today or for how long. On my drive into work this morning the radio said we were going to get more than 2 inches of rain.... yeah right. Well I guess they weren't kidding. It has poured all day today, a cold biting completely sideways raining. The wind is wild! And since I also do not have the luxury of staying home on this type of day curled up under blankets with a good book, I made the best of it anyway.

I have a wonderful big window in my office. Unfortunately my desk is set up so my back faces the window, which is probably a good thing or I would be day dreaming out the window all day. And also unfortunately my window overlooks a parking lot, a tattoo parlor, a Chinese restaurant, and a Christian book store (how's that for a combination!). I'm not complaining... most of the people in our office do not even have a window in their offices. Anyway... every few hours I'd turn my chair around and stare out at the rain. I'd watch people running to their cars, I watched umbrellas turn inside out, I watched the rain beating on my window. I've learned that I function much better if I take those little 5 minute breathers. My job can be so frantic that those 5 minutes are lifesavers for me. Even if my window doesn't overlook a beautiful stream with birds frolicking around (do birds frolic?) I'm making the best of it!

We've had wonderful weather this fall. For weeks we've had above average temps but now it seems fall has surely arrived. And I'm OK with that. I'm ready to move on to cooler slower days. We broke out the heating blanket for the bed this week and as we speak I have a pre-heated bed waiting for me upstairs. I love it!

Have a wonderful week.... and take 5 minutes to enjoy the rain outside your window.

No comments: