Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One More Day....

Tomorrow is Jordan's last day home before we take her to college and all our lives will change forever. Craig and I have done our best to try and prepare her for this next adventure in her life. I have no doubt that she'll be successful but more than that I want her to be happy. I want her to embrace this amazing opportunity and love every minute of it. I want her to wake up every morning exhilarated and loving life!
As much as Jordan is looking forward to going to Ferris she's also a little nervous and apprehensive. She's has had this amazing life the last 18 years, awesome friends, a wonderful supportive extended family, an amazing 13 years of school and extracurricular activities of which she thrived on, a church that she loves... the list goes on. It's hard for her to comprehend that what's ahead will be just as amazing.

I don't think she's wasted one minute the last few weeks without trying to cram in as many more memories as she possible can before she leaves. She's going to movies with friends, having sleepovers with friends, going to the beach, having a party at the cottage, heading up to the school to say goodbye to coaches and underclassmen, having lunch dates with grandparents, and yes, spending time with Craig and I too. She went to the zoo with Craig and I on Sunday. We are relishing these last days before she spreads her wings.

I don't know how I'll feel when we leave her at college Thursday. But I do know that if I'm crying when we drive away it will be tears of joy and thankfulness.... the happiness that this little 8 pound baby girl brought to our lives is indescribable ...... and the best is yet to come!


3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wishing Jordan all the best in her future endeavors.I also wish for Mom and Dad to have peace as their little girls takes that next step to complete independence
Blessings,Ruth

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Ahh yes, it does go fast doesn't it? She will have a wonderful time finding out who she is, away from home!!! I remember I was kind of numb when we dropped our daughter off at school for the first time.
At least she isn't far from home - hopefully she will come back often to give you a daughter fix! She was such a sweet and thoughtful girl when we met her - I am sure she will continue to bless you guys!

Wishing you all God's blessings!

Diane & Clay

Minerva said...

It's hard, but it's so worth it for the to spread their wings. Before you know it, she'll be home for Christmas. My daughter's college years whizzed by, and now she's in grad school. Seems like yesterday, I was in your shoes.