Monday, August 9, 2010

My type of off roading... finally!

For many many years, nearly 25 years now, we've been four wheeling. It's a passion of Craig's and I've always joined in and gone along. Our kids have grown up with it and we've had many great family memories surrounding the truck, Jeep, four wheelers, dune buggy, etc. Silver Lake is where we mainly head several times a summer. Craig has never lost his love of Silver Lake and I don't think he ever will... but I don't share his enthusiasm for the sand dunes. I still love to go but mostly I hang out at the campground, go antiquing, and cook the meals while they are out playing in the dunes. I can only handle so much sun and sand.
For the last few years when we've been up at Silver Lake I notice these off road trails and have been asking Craig to take me four wheeling on the two tracks. We never seen to find the time as he would rather be out in the dunes. Well, there are no off road sand dune 4X4 parks around Kalaaska but the off road two tracks are everywhere. For the last several days we've been hitting the trails. I absolutely love it! It's so beautiful! Below are some photos I've snapped the last few days. And be sure to check out the last two photos.





As we were driving around on the trails I mentioned to Craig that a lot of the area looked familiar. Sure enough, a lot of the trails we were driving around on were the same trails that we snowmobiled on two years ago when we rented a little log cabin up in Grayling and snowmobiled for a week. I didn't realize how close we were to Grayling until I started to recognize things. Above is a photo I took yesterday while riding around on the trails... now look at the photo below......
This is the exact same spot taken 2 years ago when we were snowmobiling. How awesome is that!!!!

1 comment:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow! The scenery along the way is so beautiful.
Blessings,Ruth