Monday, April 8, 2013

Opening Weekend

Silver Lake State Park opening day each year is April 1st.  Keeping with tradition, Craig likes to be there the first opening weekend.  We both took Friday off, loaded up the truck and away we went.  We didn't camp (still too cold) but rather got a hotel room for a few nights.  The weather could have been warmer but it could have been worse too.  We didn't let the weather get us down.  

Friday was beautiful and sunny but Saturday was cloudy and it did sprinkle for a few hours.  We drove around on country roads, two tracks and seasonal roads just looking at the sights.  And if I saw something I wanted to photograph Craig was happy to stop for me.   
We spotted this house and I just had to get out and walk around it.  It was way up on a hill and it overlooked a beautiful secluded lake.  I can only imagine what a beauty she was in "her" day.  I wish I knew her history. 
A silver Lake weekend is never complete without a visit to the lighthouse.  I think this is the most beautiful lighthouse I have ever seen.  
Say Cheese........
In the dunes.......
At the beach......
What a relaxing weekend! 

No comments: