Saturday, February 16, 2013

Seasons Are Passing

The seasons are passing and much has been happening in our lives.  Good things!  Somehow we manage to fill our days with things that make us happy.  I will try to fill you in on what we've been up to these last months.  
These first 4 photos were taken on one of my lone kayaking excursions late summer or early fall.  As much as I love to kayak with my friends and family I love to kayak on my own as well.  If I see a bird that I want to photograph and I chase that bird around for 30 minutes trying to get the perfect photograph I don't feel so bad about holding up whoever is with me.  
I fell in love with this Bittern.  
This is a Great Egret.  He's not native to our area but must have been passing through.  I thought it was pretty cool that I saw him.  
Early October we took a fall color tour with some of our friends on the motorcycle.  Scenery was BEAUTIFUL but it was a cold day.  Hopefully better planning next year for a warmer day.  
Zoe doesn't like Halloween as much as we do.  But she's sooooo darn cute.  

All of our puppies are doing well.  Seadra is 13 now and nearly blind and deaf but so far she is hanging in there.  Zoe's getting up there in age too (she's 9) and her fat body doesn't do her arthritis any favors.  We really have to keep her from jumping off the furniture because she's beginning to hurt herself doing that.  And Fiona, well, she keeps us on our toes.  She is a happy healthy delight.  
I wanted to do some fall kayaking but the timing wasn't the greatest.  By the time we fit it in most of the colors were past peak.  It was still a beautiful day.  I enjoyed having Jordan with me.
We spent the day kayaking at Yankee Springs in Augusta.  
Fall leaves....
Now that we are nearing the end of winter I am getting anxious to dust off the kayaks and get back out there.  

Jordan and Fiona.  Jordan is moving from her apartment to a house in Big Rapids in May and she's hoping that her landlord will allow her to have Fiona for some of the summer.
My Mother's orchid club has an orchid show each fall and it's a fun place to take my camera.  
My poor birds were neglected for most of the summer but this fall and winter I am spoiling them again. The squirrels appreciate my bird obsession and I get to enjoy how entertaining they are too. 
My parents neighbors raised turkeys for Thanksgiving and I took this photo of one on Thanksgiving Day.  
Jordan's Christmas concert.... That girl loves her oboe.  I don't think she will ever give it up. 
Craig burning some brush this fall. 
Jordan and I went to Disney World for 8 days the middle of December.  Just us two... a girls vacation.  Craig does so much traveling with his job the last 3 months of the year that I asked him if he minded if Jordan and I went to Disney.  He said "Go for it!"... so we did!  
It was a very FUN vacation.  The weather was perfect the whole time.  We never saw a drop of rain and it was sunny and 75 to 80 everyday.  
It was not a relaxing vacation... we crammed as much as we could into everyday collapsing into bed around midnight each night.  But it was so worth it.  
Hollywood Studios
Main Street Magic Kingdom 
Margaritas in Mexico EPCOT
EPCOT
My Girl.... My best friend
Dumbo ride 
This photo was taken on Christmas Eve.  I'm feeling so blessed.... 
The loves of my life.... 
And now we are well into winter.  And even though I am ready for spring I can't do anything to hurry it up so I make the most of what we have.  We recently had a big winter storm that made the lighthouse in St. Joe amazing.  I went there with my camera along with hundreds of other photographers.  
I was not disappointed!  What a sight to behold.  It was breathtaking.  
A few weekends ago we had a heavy snowfall so I joined Craig early one morning while he groomed the snowmobile trails.  
Beautiful....
My hubby is so good to me.  He knows me well.  The other morning after a beautiful snowfall he says... "Grab your camera and lets go on a little road trip so you can take photos".  
Away we went and he would stop right in the middle of the road whenever I asked.  
I am super excited to be taking an 8 week photography class at our local art center.  Last week was our first week and I really enjoyed the instructor.  It's going to be great!  Maybe I'll get back to blogging on a more regular basis.  Blogging and photography go hand in hand.  I've missed my blogging.  

Hope your winter is going well.....  

No comments: