Sunday, February 24, 2013

My kind of weekend

It's been my kind of weekend, fun mixed with relaxation.  It's Sunday afternoon and I may even take a nap just to say I did because that rarely happens.  

We took a little road trip yesterday to Lunker's in Edwardsburg.  It's a hunting, fishing, outdoor type store.  And there's a cool restaurant there too.  It's a fun place to go and spend a few hours.  I bought a little fishing pole that collapses so I can take it kayaking.  I just love it, it's a cute girly fishing pole.  We'll see if I still love it once I start using it.  I've never been a person who fishes but I thought it might be the perfect thing to do in a kayak.  So I'm going to buy a fishing license this year and give it a whirl.

 Craig says I have to learn to bait my own hook and also remove the fish from the hook.  Baiting my hook will be no problem for me, now removing the fish might be another story.  I informed Craig that I would just start hollering across the lake when I needed him to take a fish off my hook. 

It is the end of February and we have our first trip to Silver Lake planned in 6 weeks and two weeks after that is our first camping trip..... Winter is coming to an end and I am soooooo ready.  
I got to do a little thrifting yesterday morning.  Craig usually works a few hours on Saturday mornings so that's my opportunity to hit the thrift stores.  It was 50% off Goodwill day.  I picked up a few sweaters and some wonderful soft t-shirts.  My best find of the day was a black leather genuine Harley Davidson hat in mint condition.  Picked that baby up for only $5 and immediately came home and posted it on ebay.  That money will go in my camera fund (I have my heart set on a Canon 60D)
Haven't gone anywhere today.  My favorite things today have been watching the birds at the feeders, spending the day with my puppies, editing and organizing photos, and watching Andy Griffith on TV......  

Happy Weekend 

No comments: