Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vacation

Last year we spent our week off in July running all over the UP.  This year we decided to simplify things and spend our week off at Silver Lake.  We drove up Sunday afternoon and set up camp.  We will be here through Saturday.  Our only complaint so far is that it is HOT!  The forecast is calling for some relief in the next day and we are looking forward to that.  
In the evenings we rush over to the dunes to catch the sunsets.  It's one of our favorite things to do while we are here.  Beautiful!!!
This morning we hit the dunes again to try and beat the heat.  As long as we were near the beach it was tolerable.  
Lake Michigan water temperatures are mid to upper 70's.  I can't remember Lake Michigan ever being that warm.  
They say there are two types of people in the world.  You are either a person who loves the beach or a person who loves the woods... can you guess which one I am?  Definitely, this girl LOVES the woods.  But I must admit, being down at the beach today does make me wonder why I don't spend more time there.  Maybe it's because the minute we get back to the campground I'm headed to the pool to get the sand off of me.  And then, I'm looking for the nearest shade tree! 
 I did have a good time playing with my camera at the beach.  And this subject was especially beautiful.  Love My Jordan!
Yesterday when it got too unbearably hot to be outside we made a fun run to Muskegon to the Harley dealer and drooled over pretty new bikes.  We spent a few hours there just looking at a lot of chrome and black leather.  
And while we were at the Harley dealer we had an awesome experience with this bulldog that we ran into.  
His name was Tuffy.  He was there with his owner who was buying him this big studded black leather collar for a photo shoot.  They were photographing him for a contest to be the new mascot for Ferris State University (where Jordan attends!!!!).  He was the coolest dog ever.  Couldn't help but fall in love with him.  We hope he wins the contest then Jordan can say she knew him when.....  
Well, back to vacationing....... 

No comments: