Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happiness is....

I have a new camera lens that I am in love with.  Never did I think a lens could make such a difference. This photo of Zoe was one of the first I took and I just can't stop staring at it.  You can see every hair on her chinny chin chin.  
How does Mom know how to do it so well?  I'm not talking about her amazing rhubarb pie but just the way she goes about it.  Early this afternoon I noticed that my Mom had called and left a message on my cell phone.  "Jessica" (she always starts every message she leaves me by addressing me by name).... "I went out and picked fresh rhubarb from the garden and I had so much rhubarb that I had to make two pies so I made one for you too".  Rhubarb is my absolute favorite!!!!! 
I told Mom that I would be over as soon as I got off work.... then she invites me to stay for dinner too.  Mom and Dad picked mustard greens and cooked them with bacon and just the right seasonings.... YUMMY.  Going to Mom and Dad's after a stressful day at work just makes everything all right.  I am feeling the love.
Not sure why I stuck this photo of Fiona in here.  I found it incredibly funny.  
It's been a few years since we've planted any new trees and with loosing so many trees the last 2 years we have plenty of space to work with.  I was thrilled to get this pink dogwood planted in the back yard last week.  
I was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to find this throw at a thrift store this week, and for only $5!!!!!  I put it over the comforter on the bed in the trailer.  Every time I look at it I just smile.  Utter happiness.
Happiness is driving along and spotting something you just have to stop the car for and run down and take a photo of.  I only wish I had time to do more of that.   
Happiness is finding morel mushrooms.  The warm March and the cool dry April just isn't the best weather for them.  These 3 were the only ones I've found.
Happiness is having a whole two hours that you can sit on the front porch swing and finish a good book on a warm weekday evening while Zoe keeps watch of who is walking a dog down the street.  

No comments: