Monday, April 16, 2012

A good kind of busy

Tonight I am tired but content. So many good things lately. We've been busy... a good busy.

I got a new camera lens that I am in love with. And it couldn't have come at a more perfect time... just in time to capture spring flowers, dogs playing outside, you get the picture.

All week last week I wanted to make a day trip up to Holland to see the tulips but the weather wasn't looking very promising. Up until Saturday morning I wasn't sure if I was going to go or not. I woke up early and went to the gym and worked out, came home and decided I'd go and much to my delight about 30 minutes before I left Craig said he wanted to join me. And Jordan and Nate met us there too. It was a great day. The tulips were magnificent and the company I had was even better!

Sunday after church we went to a few nurseries and bought new bushes and trees for the yard. Spent the rest of the afternoon planting all of our purchases. I am most proud of the pink dogwood tree that is now so pretty planted in the back yard. I've wanted one for years!

I have bluebirds!!!! I put up our my bluebird house the beginning of March and prayed that some bluebirds would take up residence. I was ecstatic when several days later a pair of bluebirds built a nest but as quickly as they built the nest they disappeared. They were gone for nearly 2 weeks and I had about given up hope but they showed up about a week ago and now are sitting on eggs! I hope this is the year that they all goes well. Twice in years past I have had bluebirds up to the point of eggs (one year they did hatch) but they have always died before they fledged. I want this to be the year that those precious little bluebirds fly away healthy. More to follow on the bluebirds.....

I'm working out at the gym and loving it... well most of the time. I'm not being totally honest but I am "liking" it and I'm still doing it. My whole life I have never enjoyed exercise. But I am loving the progress I'm making and I'm enjoying the extra stamina it's giving me. Last year it was weight loss, this year it's fitness. I CAN DO IT!

Jordan will be home in less than 3 weeks for the summer. Last summer she stayed at school so we are thrilled to have her home this year. I love the "adult" she's become these few short years that she's been away at school. My Girl is awesome!

Time to turn the light off.... mornings come too soon.

No comments: