Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Grandpa and My Great Grandparents

I just glanced at the date of my last post. I thought it said July 19th then I realized it said June 19th. Wow... I will tell you that I've been enjoying summer (it's going by way too quickly). We've been busy and I have a lot to blog about but until I can find some time to blog I decided to do a quick post and show you this photo.

My Dad emailed this to me a few days ago (he received it from his sister). Anyway that is my Grandpa "James Henry Burtchett" (back row, send in on the right). And that is my Great Grandparents in the middle proudly posing with their 12 children (their 13th child was not born yet when this photo was taken). Can you imagine having 13 children, especially back in the depression?

I don't know how many times I looked at this photo in the last week. I am just fascinated by it. And so many questions go through my mind. How did they afford to live? What were meals like? What did they do to support themselves? Were they a close knit family? Were they affectionate and attentive parents?

I never knew my Grandpa, he died when my Dad was 12. I do have stories about him but I know nothing of the others in this photo.

I am also amazed by the quality and clarity of the photo. I was so pleased to get it and I'm going to have it printed and displayed somewhere in the house. It's just to awesome of a photo to keep inside a computer.

No comments: