Sunday, May 15, 2011

There's a nest in the bird feeder

This is one of my bird feeders. The dinning room/kitchen windows face this feeder in the side yard. In the winter this is one busy feeder. Once the snow begins to melt I stop putting food in this feeder. I don't like the mess it makes in the lawn in the summer so my attention turns to my feeders in the bird garden. Much to my surprise and delight a Momma Robin decided to build a nest and start a family in the feeder.
I am thrilled! I can sit at the dinning room table and have a bird eye view, no pun intended! And I'm sure the view is only going to get better.
Momma is pretty timid and not very tolerant of me opening the widow to get a photo so I haven't got much of a good photo of her yet. Craig said I should set up my camera next to the window and put it on a time elapsed setting while I'm at work. I may give that a try after the eggs hatch. More to follow.......

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now that is a perfect way to to use a feeder in summer.