Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Things that make me happy

Cool summer temperatures.... yes I am loving this unseasonably cool weather.  

Witnessing the birth of a goat this week.  

Baking a cobbler with berries I picked off the vine.

New episodes of Duck Dynasty starting tomorrow!!!!

Late summer flowers, like dahlias and glads.

Tomatoes!  Oh how I love tomatoes from my parents garden.

Speaking of my parents garden I'll add okra, squash, berries, cukes, and everything else that I am the lucky recipient of. 

Motorcycle rides.... Took a 4 hour road trip Sunday on the bike.  The sites and the smells are amazing.  I could ride for hours every weekend!  

Seeing Jordan finish her last final this week and having her proclaim that she ended the semester with all A's.  That's my girl!  And the best part is that I get to have my girl home all next week.  

Watching Fiona Skype with Jordan yesterday.  She wouldn't stop staring at the screen and her ears perked up the whole time.  She misses her girl too.  

Meeting my Mom for lunch tomorrow at The Phoenix.  

Low census hours this week at work allows me to have a relaxed week.  Loving it!  

Clouds!  I am overly obsessed with clouds lately.  I can't stop staring at them.  They make me smile. 

Pomegranate Tea Lattes from Biggby!  Where have you been all my life!

Sitting on my parents back porch with my Dad and sharing our love of hummingbirds.  He's so proud of his hummingbirds.... boy does he have the hummingbirds!

Rain.... Last summer was hot and dry.  This summer cool and wet..... I'll take it.  Listening to rain as I wake up in the morning..... so refreshing.  

A glass of the best apple cider at a restaurant Sunday night.  Made me crave fall.  


No comments: