Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer..... Bring it on

Craig went to the office for a few hours this morning so I grabbed my paddle and headed out to Hall's Lake for some morning kayaking by myself. I'm not sure which I like more, kayaking with someone or going by myself. This morning was wonderful! Only me and one other guy on the lake who was fishing out of a row boat. I listen to pandora radio on my i-phone and this morning I was in the mood for old country hymns. Just me and Johnny Cash signing "The Old Rugged Cross". I tried not to sing out loud but I couldn't help myself. I wonder if the guy in the row boat heard me. Really I didn't care. And soon I find myself all emotional and tears are streaming down my cheeks. I paddle in and out of all the lily pads. I'm surprised how easy my kayak floats through them. I watch all the frogs hop off the pads as I approach. 90 minutes later I am ready to head back home.
We are FINALLY getting wonderful weather. The sun is amazing and I can't get enough of it.
Memorial Day was spent out at the cottage with family and friends.
Great weather and great food always go together.
SUMMER......
Loved this photo!
Hoping for 3 solids months of this.

No comments: